Sunday, March 18, 2012

My Weekend


I had a great weekend.  M had family in town visiting so I took Friday off work and we went ice skating with his nephew and some other family members.  M’s little niece was up here. She is almost 2 and prior to this visit has been very shy with us.  She has come out of her shell more and it was wonderful to play with her and see her little personality.  Friday and the majority of Saturday were spent with family and Saturday night we got together with our friends to celebrate St. Patty’s and a friend’s birthday.  I am so grateful to have so many people in my life that bring me such happiness.

Up till recently I felt like emotionally I was stuck in the summer of 2010.  This was when our IVF failed, adoption didn’t look like an open door to us, and we had decided to step onto a new path in our lives.  I started this blog a little over a month ago, which I know isn’t very much time, but I feel emotionally I am starting to step forward from the summer of 2010.  There have been some steps forward and some steps back, but I feel like there is finally movement.  I think that feeling like I have someone that listens and doesn’t judge my emotions help me so much.  I enjoy reading about other’s experiences and looking back through their old posts and learning of their journeys.

This weekend as M’s family talked to me about their lives and what they are doing day to day, I had a little bit of a urge to tell them about my private blog.  Since this is what takes up my free time instead of my craft projects now, but I didn’t.  I think I will keep this private for longer.  I need to be able to be honest with myself and write what I am feeling.  M knows of my little blog, and will read some of my posts over my shoulder as I write them.  I think I will just keep this blog between him and me for now.

4 comments:

  1. Dear H,
    nice to hear that you had a lovely weekend.
    Yes, it is better to keep your blog private... otherwise you can not really write everything that is on your mind.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, after that fleeting moment of wanting to share my blog disappeared, I was very glad I didn’t mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always found the anonymity of the internet to be very helpful!

    ReplyDelete